Hair volume is one of 3 most important things we see when we meet someone right? The aspects, the look, the clothing, everything makes a great image of the person. But how great does the hair look when it has volume, texture and hydration? We follow the rules for a great skin care routine but should we do the same with hair? The answer is yes! Especially if you want hair volume you need to follow some steps in order to obtain that look. It is pretty simple and it does not matter if your hair is thin, dark, or dyed.
- Use products for volume. Here is a list with products you need to have for a perfect volume hair:
Moroccanoil: Spray styling volume
Kevin Murphy Powder Puff
Pret-À-Powder It’s Equal Parts Dry Shampoo
Oasis Soft Dust
Taft Instant True Volume
- Try to dry your hair naturally, and if it is necessary to use a hair dryer, dry your hair upside down to give it more volume. If you use an air that is too hot, it can cause split ends, which does not help at all when you want voluminous hair.
- Stop applying conditioner to the roots of the hair. You would think that conditioner can have a positive effect on volume, but it will weigh down the hair, and the volume effect can be lost. You can avoid this situation if you apply the conditioner only on the ends.
- Don’t let your hair grow long. Even if you are attached to your long haircut, the lack of volume will stand out even more. Shorter hair, cut in steps, can help you create the illusion of richer and more voluminous hair.
- Do you happen to see hairstyles with braided tails that make you jealous? You can also make such a hairstyle using the pancake technique. After you braid them normally, pull on each side to loosen the tightness, so the braided tails will look twice as thick.
- Avoid shampoos and conditioners with sulfates. Hair care products that are cheaper may contain detergents, alcohol or other harmful ingredients, which at first make your hair look good, but in the long run they can damage the hair ornaments. Our advice is to buy a sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo.
- Use dry shampoo. Even if your hair is clean, dry shampoo will add volume to thin hair. You can use coloring dry shampoo to hide thin hair.
- Hair mousse can help you. Apply a little foam to wet hair and arrange it with your fingers so that your hair gains volume.
- Use a coloring powder, specially created for hair, to hide parts of the scalp that are visible. Coloring dry shampoo is also an option, it will add even more texture and volume. This trick is temporary and creates the illusion of richer hair. An eyeshadow in the right shade can be a good substitute for dry shampoo or special powder.
- When you want to tie your hair in a ponytail, divide it into two sections and fasten it with bobby pins to create the illusion of fuller hair.
- If you don’t mind sleeping with wet hair, our recommendation is to wash your head in the evening and sleep with it like that. The next morning, you can dry it with the hair dryer in the opposite direction for a voluminous hair effect.